Monday, June 21, 2010

My Appeal To ITIL Professionals

There are few training providers, who not only allow candidates to have an open book exam but also give answers to the question paper. I am referring to Service Manager Certification. With ITIL V3, focus on V2 exams got reduced as attention shifted to the new version.

I got a word doc from a candidate who had taken the exam. It contained all questions and answers. He send it to me for comment on his performance. If I try to recollect my exam, I remember that I was not able to confidently recall even a single question word by word. Not only that, the properties of the word doc clearly showed the authors name to be that of a training provider. This type of activities is reducing the overall value and recognition of Managers certification.

I lodged a complaint with APMG, EXIN, ISEB and OGC. APMG identified the Examination Institute which was offering that case study and replaced the case as well as has taken steps to tighten the examination system.

As ITIL professionals it is up to us that how we can maintain the recognition and sanctity of our certification. My appeal to entire ITIL community, please do not turn to be a blank spectator to such incident; be proactive and be assured that APMG & OGC will take necessary action.

No comments:

Post a Comment